4 decembrie 2008

now what?

ESTRAGON: (sadly). You see, you piss better when I'm not there. VLADIMIR: I missed you . . . and at the same time I was happy. Isn't that a strange thing? ESTRAGON: (shocked). Happy? VLADIMIR: Perhaps it's not quite the right word. ESTRAGON: And now? VLADIMIR: Now? . . . (Joyous.) There you are again . . . (Indifferent.) There we are again. . . (Gloomy.) There I am again. ESTRAGON: You see, you feel worse when I'm with you. I feel better alone too. VLADIMIR: (vexed). Then why do you always come crawling back? ESTRAGON: I don't know. You must be happy too, deep down, if you only knew it. ESTRAGON: Happy about what? VLADIMIR: To be back with me again. ESTRAGON: Would you say so? VLADIMIR: Say you are, even if it's not true. ESTRAGON: What am I to say? VLADIMIR: Say, I am happy. ESTRAGON: I am happy. VLADIMIR: So am I. ESTRAGON: So am I. VLADIMIR: We are happy. ESTRAGON: We are happy. (Silence.) What do we do now, now that we are happy?

Niciun comentariu: